Monday, April 1, 2013

March 2013 Favorites

Wow!  I haven't done one of these for quite a while, now have I?  It has been something like four months, I think. Ah well.  Anyway, I decided to round up some of the items that I have given quite a bit of love to this past month.

A general listing of items is as follows:
  • Coconut oil
  • CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara
  • Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick in Nude Delight
  • CoverGirl foundation in 805 Ivory
  • Milani blush in Luminoso
  • Thierry Mugler Alien EDT
  • Physicians Formula quad in Classic Nudes
  • Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad To The Bronze
  • Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara
  • Ulta Automatic liner in Teal Blue
  • Wet n Wild palette in Vanity
Something that I forgot to grab for the photograph is
  • Essie Van D'Go nail polish

As for the coconut oil, I have been using it for quite a while now and keep buying new jars when I run out.  I have done a post on shaving with coconut oil, and I'm still doing that.  It works better than any other soaps or shave cream I've ever used.  I've also been using it to remove my makeup at the end of the day.  It breaks everything down with extreme ease and is natural.  Win-Win!  Most recently, though, I've been using it in the evening as an intensive eye cream.  I use the tiniest amount on and around my eyes.  Also, I tried using it in a bath one evening.  It feels amazing and once out of the tub, it is still on the body.  It soaks in and you will have the softest skin since infancy!   I have to warn, though, that you shouldn't dunk your hair into the water and not wash it afterwards.  I had showered before taking my bath and didn't bother to avoid getting my hair in the bath water.  When my hair dried, I looked like I hadn't showered in months, it was so filled with coconut oil.  I will admit, I left it.  I wasn't leaving the house, just staying in doing house cleaning.  So, I left it in for 24 hours and washed it out the next night.  Consider it a deep conditioning...HA!  The feel drove me nuts, though, so I did keep it in a bun.

As for my perfume of choice...  I have done a review on my blog about the EDP and said that I wasn't the biggest fan of it.  It isn't that I hate it, but it is quite strong.  Well, the EDT has a very, very similar smell and at first I felt the same way.  However, over the winter I've been using them both and have actually come to really enjoy them.  I've been wearing the ETD the most through March, though. 

The rest of my makeup isn't anything too fancy.  I've been very neutral with my eyes and lips...even cheeks.    However, because of this, I did decide to squeeze in some pretty teal liner several days.  With it having been slipping into spring, I figured I was safe to do a small burst of color.  It is quite lovely on blue eyes.

So, that is it.   My selection of products for the month of March. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)