Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Estee Lauder Intuition




This opens with a burst of fresh grapefruit.  It isn't an artificial kind, either.  If you have ever bought an actual, fresh grapefruit and sliced into it, that is what this smells like the moment you apply it to your skin.  (or, mine anyway)  It has a sour zing to it, but heavier than you'd expect from a citrus scent.

About 15 minutes in, the amber slinks forward and makes this very comforting and smooth. I am an absolute sucker for amber.  I adore the coziness that it can lend to a fragrance. It is at this point that I can really tell there is gardenia.  When it opened, there were hints of a floral in it, but the grapefruit was so strong that my senses couldn't distinguish what it was.  Freesia is listed as well, but I really pick up more gardenia.

30 to 40 minutes in, the whole fragrance has settled.  Now, it is a deliciously creamy amber being wafted by gardenia flower.  The freesia is brightening the whole thing and the citrus is just barely there.  It is present enough to keep the perfume from being completely heavy.



To be honest, I think this could easily be worn year round.  The amber makes it nice for cooler days, but the gardenia and citrus make it perfect for warm, sunny days.  Plus, the fact that I own the body silk, it has little golden micro shimmers that would be beautiful on skin in the summer.  On that note, though, the glitters only last for a short while.  Once you start moving around, they fall away completely... so don't let that scare you if you have or thought about getting the body silk.  The silkiness is a lovely feel on the skin.  It isn't greasy at all and soaks into the skin with ease.

This is a fragrance that I don't find to be particularly young.  However, don't take that to mean this is a granny scent.  It most definitely is NOT! I believe at one point or another my mother wore this when I was young. Though, at the time, she was probably in the first half of her thirties (and I definitely wouldn't consider that to be the granny range).  I associate this to something she would wear, and as I said... I believe she actually did at one point.  Perhaps that lends a bit of comfort and familiarity with this one, but all the same, I wear it and feel it suits me perfectly well.  To give you an idea, I am 26 years old.  I guess, overall, let's just say if you enjoy a perfume....  WEAR IT!   If you are 85 and want to smell like lollipops and cotton candy, more power to you!  If you are 16 and want to surround yourself by roses and powder, awesome!   :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)