Friday, April 5, 2013

Target Haul (mostly brushes)

For a couple of months now, I've wanted to try and find a new brush to use with my liquid foundation, but wasn't sure where I should start.  I have a natural hair buffing brush I use, and like the look it gives, but it would shed hair with every use and absorb a lot of product.  I have other brushes intended for liquid foundation but nothing I was over the moon about.   Anyway, I managed to pick up three brushes and a new blush to try out while I was running errands this past weekend. 
I'll admit, I've never used any of the Studio line e.l.f. brushes.  Some get really good reviews and others seem to be a miss.  I couldn't remember which ones people recommend, but I couldn't take my eyes off of this super bright pink.  It is called Pink Passion.  Holy moly it is bright!  I have the hot pink Revlon cream blush, but even still, I think this one might be a hair brighter.

For a product that only costs $3.00, the packaging is sleek.  It is simple and clean looking.  I really like that. Inside, there is a mirror which is perfectly adequate for what you'd need it for (if you even use it).  

While I won't do a full review just yet, because I've only worn it twice, I will go ahead and say...  what you see in the pan really is that bright!  I had to be careful with application or I'd have looked crazy.  I really like that, though (not the looking crazy part...).  I'd rather have a product that I have to use lightly rather than a product I have to fight to get to show up.





This is the brush I was after when I was browsing the e.l.f. products.  It is their powder brush.  Though it is labeled as a powder brush, the back of the package says it can be used with wet or dry products. Because the bristles are Taklon, it won't suck up as much of the liquid foundation.  

The flat top also seems to be what people love.  That style, typically, is good for buffing in the product. Mine, you'll notice, isn't perfectly flat and uniform, but I didn't realize this until after I had bought it.  That's okay.  I've used it a couple of times and it seems to do the job perfectly well.  
This next brush was a random one that caught my eye.  I can't recall hearing much (if anything) about this small stippling brush.  However, I believe I've seen reviews about small styled stippling brushes in other lines.  While they don't get a ton of attention, the reviews I have seen have been positive.

This is styled the same as all other stippling brushes, it is just much smaller.  I picked it up thinking this could be good for under eye concealer.   If I wore highlighters, that probably would be a good use for it, too.

This last brush was a must the moment I saw it.  I know Sigma has created some brushes in this style.  They are intended for liquid foundation and are rounded.  They taper at the top, though, to create a point.  That point is ideal for getting in around the nose, inner corner of the eyes/nose area, etc.  This cost me $12.00 but I figured if it worked out nicely, it would be well worth it.

From this picture it just looks like the standard paddle style foundation brush, but it isn't.  It is rounded. 

I'm really excited to have a few new brushes to try out.  I will be posting up my thoughts/reviews once I've used them some more.  I don't want to jump the gun and say I love them until I'm certain they're doing what I want them to.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)