Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector Oil-Free B.B. Cream

I have wanted to try out a B.B. cream for what feels like forever.  I was recently invited to a BzzAgent campaign to try out this product.  It is the new Garnier B.B. cream.   When accepting the campaign, you had to select your color.  I chose the light-medium.  

On that note, the colors they offer are light-medium, medium-deep, and deep.  I think they should have created one further color: light.   I say this because I am quite fair and this one is just a bit too dark on my skin and gives an orange cast.  I wouldn't say it is quite to the point of being Oompa Loompa skin, but you can tell there is a difference in the coloring of my face.  I'm hoping it will work perfectly in the summer, once I have a bit of color.

Upon initial application, I will say it smooths on with ease.  It feels nice on the skin, too.  It isn't quite as light as a moisturizer, but not as heavy as a typical foundation.  It is somewhere in the middle.  The coverage is light to medium.  I can see some blemish areas still and would definitely need to use a concealer. 

I have been using my e.l.f flat top synthetic powder brush.  That really buffs the product into my face and makes it look natural.  I do think this is the type of product that can be applied perfectly well with your hands, too, especially if you are on the go.

I noticed that this will cling to any dry patches.  While my skin is very oily, I have been experiencing some dry patches around my nose.  Those areas were highlighted with this B.B. Cream on. 

It does mattify as it claims.  I didn't set it with a powder and several hours in I still looked fine. For this reason, I think this will be amazing for in the summer.  I will be able to get some coverage but at the same time not worry that I am turning into a big ball of shine.

THE FACTS*:
  • three shades: light-medium, medium-deep, and deep
  • absorbent formula contains mineral Perlite, which retains twice its weight in oil and water to control shine
  • formulated with sheer natural mineral pigments, so you get a smooth, flawless finish
  • non-comedogenic 
  • non-acnegenic
  • oil free
  • price: $12.99

Fast Forward to Quite A Few Uses Later:
I found that if I didn't set this, I would start to see shine a few hours in. I think the first day I wore it, it must have been a chillier day, thus my face was dryer, thus it stayed matte much longer.  I like the way that it looks when I first put it on because while it reduces shine, initially, it doesn't look flat and artificial.  It still looks like skin.   I wish it held up longer on my skin, but it still isn't horrible.  I will need to wear powder to keep it lasting and looking fresh longer, though.

I definitely feel that the color is too dark for me.  It is only just a shade or two too dark, but it is enough that at my palest I can tell.  I have to use a bronzer to get things to match up on my neck, just cause I don't want to slather this all the way down my neck.   I'm still holding hope that as summer rolls in and I darken a bit, it will match perfectly.

I didn't have any issues with breaking out or clogged pores.  Obviously, this is just my experience and everyone's skin is different.  But, I'm pleased that it worked well with my skin.

When I wore this over minor blemishes, it covered just fine.  However, if I had a more angry blemish, you could still see it coming through the B.B. cream, so I did have to conceal.  On my "better skin days" this worked like a charm.

So, my final thought.  Do I believe this is a product worth while?  Actually, I do.  I would be very pleased to have this in a perfect matching shade, however.  Though I do have oiliness after several hours (if I don't powder), it holds up better than other liquid foundations (yes, I know this isn't an actual liquid foundation).

*information from the BzzGuide provided in this campaign

**Product received for free through the BzzAgent Garnier B.B. cream campaign.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)