Thursday, April 11, 2013

Christian Dior Miss Dior


OHHH, I love this one!

I have the new formulation of Miss Dior.  It is the ad campaign with Natalie Portman.  The creator behind Miss Dior is Francois Demachy. 

I have said it before, but I appreciate a pretty presentation.  Miss Dior doesn't disappoint.  The bottle itself is squared with a hounds tooth textured underside.  But, the lid is what is so beautiful.  The lid has a silver metal bow attached by a little ring.  Otherwise, it is clean and simple. It is just enough to be romantic and not over the top.

This opens very crisp and bright with mandarin. It is fruity and youthful, but not sugary sweet.  While the citrus burst is going on, I also smell a slightly earthy note.  I, without question, detect patchouli.  It keeps it grounded and from becoming syrupy. As a fan of patchouli, I love this.  Even at its most "dirty", I love patchouli.  However, this isn't as harsh as patchouli can be.  (How many times can we say patchouli?  HAHA!)

About 15 minutes in, I finally pick up on the jasmine.  Thank goodness it isn't heavy, though.  Somehow, the jasmine is delicate and plays nicely with the mandarin and patchouli. While not listed, I pick up green tea. It gives me a sense of Déjà vu, but I don't know why.  I have tried and tried to figure it out...but can't. 

The dry-down is diamonds, pearls, and elegance.  I get rose, but not real powdery and obnoxious.   It is a tamed, shy rose. I also get something clean, like being fresh from a shower...yet not soapy, if that makes sense. It is pastel pink, lace, and all things sparkling...seriously. That is what I keep picturing.  The musk, I believe, cuts the rose and makes it sit nicely on skin...  kind of blending with the skin and not sitting heavily on top.

For me, Miss Dior starts out quite fun and flirty, but settles into something classy and soft spoken.   The personalities in this perfume amaze me.  It changes so much from initial spritz to the dry down.  It keeps me interested. I highly enjoy experiencing each change that comes forward. The amazing thing is, it only contains mandarin, musk, patchouli, jasmine, and rose.

I think this can be worn year round, but the opening would blossom in warm weather.  However, the dry down is what lingers, and that works well for year round, I think.  I can tell you I will be going to this perfume no matter the season.  Ah, and the lasting power is amazing on my skin. I can spray it on several hours before I go to bed and the next morning it is still there.  A lot of perfumes have worn off at that point, but this is still lingering (mostly in the crook of my elbow).

While I was waiting on my bottle to arrive, I had been in a Sephora and sprayed some on a little paper strip and brought it home with me.  I kept getting little whiffs of something delicate, soft, and just plain beautiful.  I don't get bored at all smelling Miss Dior.  It is all around a winner for me.

I like to spray this on my wrists and the inner corner of my elbows, and sometimes a bit on the back of my neck, under my hair.  It wears differently depending on where I spray it.  It is the most light on my wrists, and stronger on my inner elbows.  This makes sense since it can evaporate quicker on the wrists where very exposed, and will linger a bit longer on the crook of my elbow.

I think this is worth a sniff.  Check it out when you are at a counter or in Sephora.  

LISTED NOTES:
Top: Italian Mandarin
Mid: Egyptian Jasmine, Rose
Base: Patchouli, Musk


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)