Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense



This opens with a burst of strong leaves.  To me, it isn't a refreshing, green summer leaf or cut grass.  It is the fallen leaves from autumn.  It doesn't have a spiced quality, though, like fragrance that typically has decaying leaves in it would have.  It is laced with sap.  It is quite odd, to be honest.  The way the fallen leaves and summer sap mixes, it makes for a very confusing opening.  Right beside that, I pick up on saw dust.  Yes...saw dust.  It reminds me of being around someone who is doing wood cutting projects.  Let's just say, I'm not fond of the opening to Pleasures Intense.

About 15 minutes in I detect the tiniest hints of maple and peony.  More peony, though, with the smallest amount of maple woven in.  I wish the maple were stronger because I crave something sweet in this perfume.  Backing up the semi-sweet floral is a wall of bonfire.  Odd, right? I'm assuming that is the woody note settling in with my body chemistry.

Finally, this settles into a dry smoked wood with roses dropped on top.  I said dry.. and I mean DRY!  When I smell my wrist, I almost have the urge to cough.  This is another reason I just can't understand wearing it in the scorching heat.  Blech!

I have to say, I'm not the biggest fan of this one.  It is far too strong on the decaying vegitation, wood, and medicinal notes.  I am aware that a lot of people enjoy this and consider it light and perfect for warm weather.  But, I have to disagree.  The smokey wood part of it keeps it as a cooler weather fragrance for me.  Even then, I have to be in just the right mindset to wear this.  It doesn't get a lot of love from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)