Tuesday, April 23, 2013

ScentSationals Fragrance Cubes (haul)


I have said this before but,  I adore scented wax cubes for tart warmers.  I went crazy in the fall and winter stocking up on cozy, food-like, and pine scents.  Now that spring has arrived and I'm craving fresh, floral, and fruity scents, I realized I only had a couple!  YIKES!  This weekend I solved that problem.  We were out running errands and I bought three spring-like fragrance cubes.  I want some more, just because I like to have a large selection to choose from, but this gets me started.

When I pick these out, I have to keep in mind what my husband enjoys because he, too, will have to be in the house smelling them.  So, we go back and forth picking up bars and making the other sniff it. I'm easier going than him...  I think most of them smell amazing.  We narrowed down the selection to these three: Lemon Meringue (his pick), Sheer Orchid (his pick), and Apple Blossom (my pick).  See what I mean? HA!  I was more agreeable on the selection and was A-okay with the ones he picked up.

Lemon meringue is extremely fresh and, obviously, full of citrus. It is sour and sweet at the same time.  It kind of reminds me of the taste of a lemon head candy.  Yes, somehow the smell reminds me of the taste of a lemon head.  This one would work well pretty much all throughout the house, whether in a living room or even a bathroom.

Sheer Orchid is also a fresh scent.  It has a clean quality to it, like soap.  It reminds me of being freshly stepped out of the shower. Obviously, it is a floral scent, but not artificial.  This one manages to be soft yet crisp in smell.  This is, again, one that I think would be perfect for any room in the house.

The last one we selected is Apple Blossom.  It is bright, cheery, and like a perfect bouquet of flowers.  It reminds me of something I feel like I've smelled at B&BW, but I can't figure out what, exactly.    This is like having your windows open, and the breeze carries in the odor of blooming trees and flowers.... or walking through a newly blooming flower garden.  The air is perfumed with sweet flowers, but it isn't irritating to the senses.  This one is a romantic smell, in my opinion.


All around, these three make perfect additions to my growing collection.  I'm going to be switching out the warmers to hold some of these very soon.  If you have smelled any of these, let me know what you think.  OR, if you have particular fragrance bars you like to burn in the spring, please tell me which ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)