Friday, April 19, 2013

DIY Paper Flowers

WOOHOO!  Let's all do a happy dance that it is the end of the week!  Time for the weekend!  Alright, now that we have that out of our systems...  Remember earlier in the week I said I would do a post about the flowers that I made for the DIY Painted Vases?  Well, that is this post!

I am so addicted to the vase painting and the flower making.  It is a little bit ridiculous. I find it relaxing, though.   As much as I'd love to, I can't take credit for this idea or any instructions on how to make these.  I found the idea through Pinterest.  The person whose directions I followed can be found here: Moms Crafty Space.  She made the tutorial very simple to follow.

My original idea was to stick with bouquets that contained flowers of a similar color.   However, I quickly got bored of that and changed it up to be a rainbow of flowers.  I'm loving all the brightness!   You can also see one of the mason jars I painted and used as the vase here.

I even got a little crazy and started adding random colors to each individual flower instead of a gradient.  Either way, they turn out beautiful.  And they're really very simple to make.   Since I have a black thumb when it comes to living plants and flowers, I figured this is the best way for me to have flowers in my home.  Plus, I can easily make more to match colors for different seasons or holidays!

Here is another bouquet I have displayed in my home.  I kept this one more simple and clean.  I painted a glass vase that my mother-in-law donated when she realized how absolutely bat crap crazy crafty I can be. I used a peachy pink acrylic paint, but for some reason it turned out softer than it appeared in the bottle.  I still think it is lovely.  The flowers are a mix of solid pinks, solid white, and a combo of the two.

AHHH!   I love making these.  Eventually, I anticipate people are going to walk into my home and think I've lost my marbles because they will be on every surface!  HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)