Friday, March 29, 2013

Men's Dollar Shave Club

Last week my husband randomly started telling me about this "Dollar Shave Club" that he wanted to sign up for.  He had seen it advertised on twitter by someone he follows. I'm assuming some sports-talk person because those are the people he tends to follow. I was a bit confused because my husband isn't the subscription type of person.  He explained it was a service that would send him new blades every month or every two months (depending on the service you select).  We both agreed this would solve the problem of him using my blade for shaving his beard, though.  Mine always become dull very fast, and I pay good money for my Gillette Venus & Olay razors/refills.  They cost me around $14.00 for only 3 blade replacements.  :-(

They were quite quick about getting his first package out to him.  It arrived yesterday in the mail.   It was packaged very simply, in a thick brown envelope from their company.  I burst into it while he was at work (HA!) and inside was the razor handle and a pack of four replacement blades.  This cost us $9.00.  (shipping & handling already included in that price)

There are three different blades you can select from.  You can get one that is only $1.00 (very basic, minimal number of blades per head), one that is $6.00 (a bit more fancy, couple more blades per head), or one that is $9.00 (fanciest, most number of blades per head, and the most guard protection on either side of the blade head).  We (I say we, but he) selected the "top of the line" that they offer.  Also, we he chose to have his new blades delivered every two months instead of each month.  He said he decided to do it this way because he won't go through four blades in a month's time.   He is a scruffy guy, not someone who shaves his face bare, so he really just cleans up the edges and such.  If you are someone who does a lot of shaving (ie: every day) to keep your face extremely clean shaven or completely bare, then perhaps you would go through a blade per week, making it necessary to sign up for a package each month.  But, for my husband, every two months is perfect.

I love their humor.  If you take a look at the cards received in his package, they're comical.  The whole site is like that.  Take a peek, it made me laugh.  Also, you can find out more about each blade they offer (all the specs and such), the packages, how to sign up, etc.  

I'm not at all affiliated, being sponsored, etc. by them.  They don't even know who I am.  I simply thought this was a cool subscription service that guys can actually use and might appreciate.  (heck, I told my husband when the razor arrived that I was a bit jealous because his razor is all fancy looking and I want to pay that little for my razor refills!)  If you are a male reader of my blog or a female (OR a guy) with a husband or boyfriend...  perhaps this is something you find interesting and would like to receive for yourself (or for your partner).  

So we're on the same page....
I pay $14-$15 for three blades
He pays $9 for four blades

yeah, he is getting the better deal, haha!

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice deal. I don't even know how often my sons change their blade. They don't have much hair anyways hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, especially if you go into the store and compare prices. I wish there were something like this for women (though I guess the argument could be that we already have a dozen and a half subscription services available to us...lol!)

      Delete

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)