Thursday, November 29, 2012

Scented Wax Warmers

A few posts back I had mentioned how much I enjoy burning the scented wax bars.  Once I realized that the bars and the warmers are being sold in so many more stores, I decided to take a peek at the selection of warmers that are out.  I wanted to pick up a couple more anyway.  I didn't buy these on Black Friday, but I did get them on, what I believe was, their Black Friday sale. 

For some reason my son really took to the seashell one.  I have no idea why, but he insisted that be one of the two we selected.  I wasn't going to argue because I actually quite like it, too!  As you can see, we got a direct wall plug in (the seashell one) and a table top warmer.  The table top warmer is called the teardrop.  It is in a neutral color, which I selected because I figured no matter which room I put it in, it would match.  Plus, if I ever change up the decor, it would still match.  

I have said this before, but I love these because they are an affordable way to add a bit of decoration to a room plus add some fragrance.  You can reuse them over and over, unlike a candle.  Let me rephrase that.  You can reuse a candle until it burns down.  At that point you have to chuck it.  You can use the glass for something else if you choose, but the candle, itself, is gone.  Here, you have to buy the wax bars, but you will always have the lovely warmer to use over and over again. For me, I prefer something like this.

I think they make fantastic gifts, and we are in that time of year where people are looking for gift ideas.  Around mother's day of this year I gifted these out to all of the women in my family, along with a single wax bar that I thought they might like.  So many people receive the baskets of lotion and candles, but I think this is something different and probably unexpected.  I'd guess not many of them would expect to get a warmer.

This is just my two cents!  Take it for what it is worth! :-)

2 comments:

  1. Where did you purchase these warmers? I love both and would like to see the full selection. :) thank you

    thepaisleyturtle at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lori!
      It would seem that they are making their way into a lot of stores. These particular ones were bought in Meijer. However, that is a midwest only store. However, Walmart also carries warmers (also in the ScentSationals brand as well as Better Homes & Gardens). I haven't checked Target, but if they don't have them yet... I'd bet within the next several months they'll start carrying them, too! :-)

      Delete

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)