Friday, November 16, 2012

Exceptional...Because You Are Perfume

Please forgive the glare!

This is the second of two perfume samples that I received when I placed an order with Fragrancenet.  This is called Exceptional...Because You Are.  They have one for women and one for men.   Like Simply Belle, it is made by Exceptional Parfums.

I don't know how "exceptional" this one really is.  It definitely reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on what.  I'm wracking my brain trying to sort through scent memory to figure it out.   Since this is a fragrance that was launched in 2008, it leads me to believe it is a dupe of something on the market already (because I feel that the scent memory I am experiencing is dated beyond 4 years ago) or has extremely similar notes.

When I first put this on, it opened with overwhelmingly strong floral scent.  I am talking a strength that could nearly knock you over. Even my husband (whom has been forced kindly agreed to smell my wrist with each new perfume I have worn) reacted with, "That is really strong flowers. Did you just put that on?"

After about 15-20 minutes the flower did die down.  It didn't, at all, go away.  It just wasn't at the point where you were going to get a headache from it....or the risk decreased, anyway.   A hint of citrus inched forward.  It is a timid citrus and just barely there, though.  I saw one person say they think there must be some honeysuckle in it and I have to agree.  I can only detect it, though, if I get right up next to the skin and take a couple of deep breaths.  It is delicate and light.  I wish that particular note were pumped up and brought out more.

Once you get beyond the initial flower assault in the opening application of this perfume, I don't think it is so horrible.  At least not as horrible as everyone else has made it out to be. I don't detect the crazy notes of poison and fumes.  Maybe I am just the odd ball here. Saying that, though, I definitely don't think the name "Exceptional" should be given to this perfume.  It really isn't exceptional.

Over all, this isn't a scent for very young women. Further, I can safely say this is a perfume that a majority wouldn't enjoy and a lot of people would probably get a headache from (this is extremely clear from other's reviews).  I wouldn't wear this in an office setting where your coworkers are likely to become frustrated sitting near you and have to suffer smelling you all day long.  While I, personally, don't hate it, I don't think it is for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)