Monday, November 19, 2012

Bath & Body Works Sensual Amber



Sensual Amber was given to me by a coworker several years back before I became a stay at home mom. She had bought it and disliked the way it smelled on herself.  It just didn't mix well with her body chemistry, I suppose.  I'm thankful for that because I loved it!  I was glad to take it off her hands.

I only wear this one in the fall and winter because it can be strong.  I feel it is too strong for the spring and summer.  It has a cozy, warm quality to it that is perfect for the colder months. Even then, I only spritz it lightly to the wrists, and if I'm feeling bold, a bit to either the decollete or the back of the neck. Never both!

It opens pretty heavy.  It has an immediate rush of amber.  It isn't masked at all.  Pure amber! If you are unsure of your feelings about amber fragrance, this will make you face them and come to a conclusion. If you dislike amber, you will hate this one.  If you enjoy amber, you will probably adore it.

After about 15-20 minutes it calms down some.  It still isn't a soft, whisper of a scent. You will be noticed when you walk past someone. You are absolutely going to leave a trail blazing behind you. At this point, though, the creamy vanilla comes in and mingles with the amber.  It creates something magical and sexy. I visualize an evening with candles lit.  It is quite a sexy, intimate fragrance in my opinion.

Somewhere creeping in after about 30 minutes are the tiniest traces of plum.  I mean, the very smallest hints. I have to really be sniffing close against the skin to detect it. Even then I always question myself thinking, "Mmm, I smelled something a bit fruity and fresh...didn't I? Yes? Maybe? A little bit?" It is there, but it isn't prominent.

For the remainder of the wear, this is a sultry vanilla-amber that lingers on the skin for a long time.  I love this stuff. I have heard that once they repackaged their products, the scent changed just a bit, but I don't know for certain.  I haven't checked any of the new bottles.  The bottle I have is one of the original ones.

Top: plum, forest fruits, bergamot
Mid: iris, orange blossom, white rose, lotus
Base: sandalwood, amber, patchouli, musk, vanilla, praline

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)