Sunday, November 11, 2012

Shopping Cheaper-Shopping Smarter

These sweaters were something of an unplanned purchase.  We were out buying stuff for our son because he needed his wardrobe updated for the cooler weather.  We hadn't been to Marshalls or TJMaxx in a long time, so decided to make that our pit stop. I had assumed that I would be able to find some nice shirts for my son, but at a marked down price.  Well, I did find some very nice sweaters and long sleeved shirts (and we did buy them), but they were pretty much the same price as where we'd normally buy them. Don't get me wrong, they probably were marked down in comparison to the original store they were sold at, but for a child that is growing out of his clothes every season, I'm not buying him department store tshirts at $30 a pop. There is absolutely no point in my eyes. If you choose to do that for your own child, more power to you. Lesson learned, though. I found that just some of the adult shirts and jeans actually save me money. 

The first sweater I picked up is a loose, open knit J.J. Basics.  The coloring seems rather off in the photo.  In person it is coral and turquoise, which seems strange for a knit sweater, but is a fun "pop" for the chilly months.  It keeps it bright and from becoming drab. In the picture it looks kind of murky, but it isn't in reality. The back is slightly longer than in the front.  Not a lot, just a touch.  I like that this sweater is a bit slouchy and doesn't hug the body too much.

This next sweater is another open knit.  It is in a deep grey and is made by the brand Wearing Your ❤ On Your Sleeve.  I can't really find anything about this brand when I try to search for them.  If anyone knows anything about the brand, let me know.  They're a mystery to me!  This is another that is cozy, even though it is open.  It is snug where it needs to be, but doesn't cling all along the torso.  Just how I like my sweaters!

This last sweater is one from American Eagle Outfitters. When I saw it on the rack I thought it looked loud and a bit obnoxious but something about wanting to add color to my wardrobe for the colder months made me pick it up anyway.  I'm glad I did.  When I tried it on, it was oddly interesting...in a good way!  It was cute and fun!  It has a 3/4 length sleeve and is, obviously, much thicker than the first two sweaters.  It cuts shorter as well, but nothing that you'd have to worry about your stomach suddenly showing or anything.  Not quite that short. Though, for my own personal comfort, I probably will still have a longer white tank under it, as I do for all of my shirts that cut at that length.  Once I hit mommy-mode, I don't ever chance the "lean over and accidentally flash the tops of your delicates" incident. 

I also bought a new pair of jeans, but for some reason in the transfer of the photos, the image only half transferred so I just deleted it.  They weren't anything special.  Just trust me when I say they were a skinny cut, dark wash blue jean. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)