Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Viva La Juicy Perfume

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy is a guilty little pleasure.  I know so many people feel that it is a teenage scent, but I like it.  I am 26 and have no problem admitting that I really enjoy the way it smells. 

It opens with a splash of citrus and flower. The citrus is the stronger of the two but I can't say I smell only citrus.  I definitely pick up on a floral note.  I think it can be a bit sharp initially, but on me, it dies down quickly.  It settles onto the skin in a matter of five to ten minutes, tops.

Once it has settled for a little while I still smell the same notes, but much more relaxed. However, saying that, there is a distinctive sharp note.  I think I am picking up on the jasmine that is in it. The citrus is still there but less fresh.  It isn't just-cut-through-citrus-rind anymore.

Everyone says they pick up on a lot of caramel or burnt sugar, but I'll be honest, I don't.  Yes it is sweet and yes there is a sugar-like quality in there.  I just don't pick that up as one of the leading smells.  Perhaps that is just the way it works with my body chemistry.  I actually wish I did pick up more on a caramel sweetness.   Truly, I only pick up on anything similar to these notes at the very, very end when there is hardly any smell left. It is hard to tell at that point. 

I, personally, don't find this to be a wisp of a fragrance. It has kick and zip to it.  I find it works very good in the warmer months.  I wore it a lot in the summer and loved it.  I didn't think it was too heavy yet I think it stands up better than some of the aquatic kind of scents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)