Monday, December 3, 2012

November Favorites

This month, the family has been battling colds and allergies, so for the most part, I have been extremely simplistic with my makeup.   I have been wearing products that would erase discoloration and/or bring life to my face, but haven't messed too much with fun eye looks.  That is why you aren't seeing any eyeshadows.  I did wear them, just not enough to be included in a "favorites" post.

The products I used to create the illusion of a more alive and awake face were items by Maybelline, Coty, and Sonia Kashuk.  I started by covering any blemishes or red areas with the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer Palette.  I don't really mess with the deepest shade or the powder.  I stay in the lightest cream shade and the green. Then, I will use the product in the little pot.  That is actually one of the Maybelline Age rewind concealers.  It is the one in the Brightening shade.  My tube broke, though, so I had to depot it.  That is where it lives now. That goes under my eye area and a little bit down the center of my nose.  I think it actually works well to bring light down the center of the face that way. On a good day, I will stop there and just set it with the Coty Air Spun Loose powder.  Now, if I feel I need more coverage, I will have started with the Maybelline foundation at the very beginning.  I like this foundation when it gets colder.  I know these Maybelline concealers are supposed to be for under the eyes, but I have found that certain shades can work on blemishes too!  However, don't dab them directly on the blemish.  Dot some out onto your hand (or palette) and then use a finger to pick it up and onto that area (or with a brush).

The lip balm I have been using will come as no surprise.  It is the Jack Black Lemon & Chamomile lip balm. I love this one so much. I feel like it really hydrates and heals chapped lips better than other products. It has been in a lot of "favorites."  

The blush is Sonia Kashuk in the color Flamingo.  This may seem like an odd color choice since we are in the middle of fall.  I found that this particular pink gave the perfect "came-in-from-the-cold" kind of glow.  Plus, when I'm not wearing much else, it bring just a bit of life and color to my face without screaming that I am wearing a blush.  

The Mascara I have been reaching for is one that I had forgotten how much I enjoyed.  It is the Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara.  It is in the regular formulation because I don't care for waterproof mascaras. While this doesn't add thickness to my lashes, I love the length that it gives.  I don't have long lashes but when I put this on they look quite impressive!

Finally, is the perfume I have worn most often.  While I, probably, prefer one of the other Lolita Lempicka perfumes that I recently purchased over this one, this is the bottle that I have actually worn the most.  It is just the original Lolita Lempicka.   I do have a review on the scent of it.  It is one that I'd highly recommend checking out.

I wanted to get this post up a couple of days ago, but with not feeling my best, I am in a bit of a slump and haven't done much in the way of blogging or preparing/taking photos.  My nails are also in a rut, but I am trying to pump moisture into them so, hopefully, they'll get some length back on them.  I would like to get at least a couple of holiday designs up on the nail blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)