Friday, December 14, 2012

CoverGirl Blast Flip Stick in Stunner

As a BzzAgent, I was recently invited to participate in a Cover Girl campaign.  I received three different lipsticks.  These are the BlastFlipSticks.  Their selling point is that you get two lipsticks in one.  You can create multiple looks with this one product.  You can wear each side on its own, layer them together, or create a gradient look on the lips. 

I was very excited to try these seeing as I really enjoy lip colors. People who know me know that I have quite the nail polish collection along with a ridiculously crowded lipstick drawer. Of course I was on board with testing these out!  Unfortunately, I wasn't over the moon with them.

The first thing I noticed upon application was how crumbly they went on.  I have rarely experienced this. As I was swiping it on, it would sort of ball up and crumble away!  What was happening?  I had to take my finger and smooth it onto the lips. 

Further, they are so full of shimmer.  The base color has little gold glitters in it, which on its own is quite bold.  It would be okay...maybe...in the summer.  Even then, though, I'm not a big shimmer or glitter fan.  Not in my lip products.  Of course, this is a personal preference.  I know some people absolutely ADORE shimmer and glitter in their glosses and lipsticks. However, as if that weren't enough, the second side had even MORE shimmer in it!  Ugh, too much shimmer for me.  It was shimmer overload. 

Another thing that I didn't like was the smell.  It was very wax-like and reminded me of lipsticks that you would purchase years ago.  Some people will be happy about this because of sensitivities to added in fragrance (like vanilla and such).  I would have enjoyed a bit of something added to these, though.

Something I can't deny is the wear time.  The pink of this particular one really seemed to cling to my lips.  It almost created a stain on my lips.  Even after it had dulled down and wasn't fresh and vibrant, there was still a decent hint of pink left behind. There was also that pesky glitter, though.  ::grumble::

Over all, this just didn't work for me.  I really wanted to like it.  Of all of them, I thought this would be the one I would like the most.  It seemed to be the one that was most popular, too!  I just can't get on board with it, though.  I would have to say you should pass on this. :-(

*Product received for free from BzzAgent.com through their CoverGirl campaign.  All opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)