Monday, December 31, 2012

Maybelline Color Whisper

Last week I was browsing around Target and as I was passing through the cosmetics section I noticed several new product displays.  One of them, which I hadn't heard anything about, was for a Maybelline lip product.  I took a closer look and discovered it was for their Color Whisper lipsticks.  I was intrigued and had to purchase two of them to try out.  

Though I wanted quite a few of the colors, I settled on just two until I determined whether or not they were worth my money for more.  I selected Pin Up Peach (love the name) and Coral Ambition. Looking at the tube and by the name of the product, I assumed they were going to be a more sheer lip color.  I was correct.  The bullet itself doesn't look sheer or anything, but it seems every brand is coming out with a moisturizing, somewhat sheer lipstick/color. 

As you can see from the swatches, they don't pack a ton of color.  Some people will enjoy this, and others will say they hoped for more. Personally, I'm on the side of enjoying them.  I have quite pigmented lips, and sometimes I just want a hint of change but nothing over the top.  Also, for day wear, I enjoy something that is more of a light wash. This fits that bill.  

When I first bought and smelled these, I couldn't detect any scent.  However, when I was swiping them on I did notice a fruity or perfume scent.  I couldn't put my finger on what it was, but every time I applied them, I could definitely pick up on a fragrance.  It took me several times wearing them to finally decide it was sweet and fruity....I think I am smelling a fruit loop cereal scent!  It is different, but I like it!


Over all, I think these are worth checking out.  The ones I have go on more smooth and consistent than the Revlon Lip Butters (which I do really enjoy).   They don't seem to skip or look patchy.  They feel nice on the lips, quite hydrating, with nice slip.  These aren't a long wearing color, though, so do keep that in mind.  

I bought mine at Target for $5.99.  I'm sure we'll be seeing these pop up in more stores and, hopefully, some sales will begin that include these.  I would like to purchase a few more colors.  All in all, these get two thumbs up from me!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree that they smell like fruit loops!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they?! It took me just a bit to be able to decide what I thought they smelled like. I quite like it, though!

      Delete
  2. great review! I can't wait to try some of these out :)

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)