Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Cover Girl Blast Flipstick (Vixen)

This is the second of three Cover Girl BlastFlipSticks that I had the chance to try out.  If you are interested in my thoughts on the first, you can check that out HERE! (for the color: Stunner) My feelings, overall, are pretty much the same.

I find them to still be crumbly, but perhaps a touch less with this one.  I didn't enjoy the way they felt on the lips and while they claim to not be drying, I definitely feel as though it sucked the moisture out of my lips. My lips were in worse shape after removal than before applying. I always take the extra step of applying a balm, too, to avoid this. 

While I didn't think I would enjoy the color, I actually believe I enjoy it more than Stunner.  I will admit this isn't a color I pull off well, but I do like it more.   I think they are more wearable (for most).   There are still bits of glitter in the main half of this product, which is something I don't particularly enjoy.  The topping half isn't glittery, but frosty.  If you went very heavy with the second side, I think the color would look extremely dated.  Lightly, though, it is lovely.

In the photo above, the swatches go: side one, side two, and combined with side two over side one. 

I don't think this is something anyone needs to rush out and find.  I just think there are so many fantastic drugstore lip products out right now and this one doesn't rank up there with the others.    These feel too much like something I'd have bought 10+ years ago (scent, formulation, and color wise).

*Product received for free through the BzzAgent.com website and the CoverGirl campaign. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)