Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Cover Girl BlastFlipStick (Minx)

This is the last of the three Cover Girl BlastFlipSticks I received.  This was the one that I assumed wouldn't work at all on me....and I was right.  The coloring is just far too dark on me and doesn't look right.  However, I can see this being stunning on someone with olive or deeper coloring. 

Interestingly enough, these applied the best of the three I had the opportunity to try.  The others went on crumbly and had a tendency to look patchy.  This one, however, went on with more ease and didn't skip or create patches.  

The color is very rich and opaque.  I did like that there wasn't a ton of glitter in this particular one.  It has sheen to it, but didn't look like chunks of glitter on.  Even though the topping color was a bit frosty, it somehow worked well with the darker base color.  It created more of a sheen than a frosty finish.  

While I don't think I'll be able to get any use of the dark side of this lipstick, I might be able to put the more golden half to use over other lipsticks.  I think it could look quite nice with a rich red, perhaps even a berry shade. 

As with all of the others, this had a very dated, wax-like scent that reminds me of lipsticks from years ago.  Further, they were just as drying as the other two.  They are certainly long wearing, however.  They leave a stain behind even after the initial application has worn off. 

Now that I have tried several from this particular collection of lip colors, I can safely tell you that I (personally) don't see any worthy hype.  I think you are better off putting your money towards one of the many lipsticks that have recently hit drugstores.  I just can't give these my seal of approval.  If you love (or just like) these, though, I would love to hear your thoughts on them and why you enjoy them.  Also, let me know if there is a particular color from this collection that you are liking! 
*Product received for free through the BzzAgent.com website and the Cover Girl campaign.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)