Monday, January 28, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo-Inked In Pink

I have had this product for a little while, but I wanted to wear it a couple of times before I gave my thoughts.  This is a new Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadow in the color Inked In Pink.  It is part of their new Metals Collection.  I only picked up two from this collection.  I purchased Inked In Pink and Barely Branded. (My thoughts on Barely Branded can be found: HERE!)  It would seem that these are the two that received the most attention.   This is probably because they are the most wearable in the group.
I really enjoy the Color Tattoos.  I tend to avoid the bright colors and stick with the more tame, wearable ones.  This is just my personal preference of colors I wear most often.   I find these to be long wearing and highly crease resistant.  I say it that way because some days I have absolutely no creasing, and then on other days I will notice some slight creasing after several hours.  It just depends on my skin and the weather that day, really.  As a note, I do have oily skin and lids.   If I wear a primer, I have absolutely no creasing what so ever.   These don't crease nearly as bad as a lot of other creme products that can be found (drugstore or otherwise).  They go on smooth and blend nicely, but after a couple of moments they set up and adhere to the skin.

I love that I can lightly dab these on and get a light wash or go back in with a second layer and really build up the color.   When I go in a second time, I don't find that it goes on patchy or creates balling of the product.  It still goes on smooth. 

I like to use my fingers to apply these.  I have tried brushes, but I just find that the warmth and texture of skin vs bristles applies a more smooth, uniform layer. I start by just dabbing it into place and then swipe (gently) to smooth it over.  

This particular color brightens the face nicely.  It is pink, but it has a sort of pink champagne or rose gold quality to it.   It gives color to the face but can be done up or worn minimally.  I find it looks fantastic when simply worn with a bit of mascara, blush, and a light gloss/lipstick.   It is a no fuss kind of color. 

If you are someone who likes to set a powder over all of the Color Tattoos, a good pairing is the L'Oreal Infallible shadow in Amber Rush.  It isn't identical, but it pairs lovely.  At times I also just set with a translucent setting powder, that works fine as well.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)