Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Manna Kadar Mascara

This mascara was an item that I received in my October Wantable Makeup Box.  I have a hard time finding a mascara that really makes me happy. I don't have particularly impressive lashes naturally.  They are short(er), don't hold a curl very well, and are light in color.  I was really hoping this would be a home run.

As you can see, the brush is a very standard, traditional style brush. The bristles just wind up to the tip and taper off at the very end.  I usually have better luck with the more standard mascara wands.  This one, however, didn't really do anything for my lashes.

The shape actually reminds me a whole lot of the original Maybelline Great Lash.  I did use that one for years and years when I was a teen.  As I've gotten older and played around with more mascaras, I realize just how unimpressive Great Lash is.  Well, this one falls short as well.  



It may have added a tiny bit of length but beyond that it was an extremely, extremely natural mascara.  The bristles on the wand are placed too far apart and the gaps between scoop the lashes and just apply color.  It doesn't give anything to build on and it was quite wet.  It actually made the curl I did before application droop back down. 

I have worn this several different times but each time, before leaving the house, I coat another mascara over the top to build on it.  In these photos, however, it is just the Manna Kadar mascara.  I took the photos before applying a different mascara over the top.

It saddens me that I cannot recommend this mascara.  I did receive it complimentary of Wantable Box, but it holds a retail price of $19.  I can't justify that. 

If you have tried this mascara and have had better luck, please leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)