Friday, October 18, 2013

Michael Marcus Refillable Eyeshadow: Amazing

Now that I have had a good chance to wear this eyeshadow, I wanted to put up a post with my thoughts on it.  First let me start by saying this was one of the products I received in my Wantable Box. You can click that link to be taken to my other blog where I posted an unboxing.  You can see all of the products I received. 

The packaging is very simple.  It is a silver compact with a clear flip-top lid and the shadow sits inside.  I did notice that the name of the color is nowhere to be found, except on the outside box.  I don't keep the boxes, so if I ever wanted to know the name, I'd be out of luck.  Now, the name could very well be on the underside of the pan itself.  However, I didn't try to pop it out because I didn't want to ding the shadow. Even if the name IS on the underside of the pan, that is still less than ideal because I don't plan on pulling the pan out of the compact each time I need to see the name.  This is a very minor detail, though, and I'm nit-picking.

As I mentioned in my unboxing post, I was originally underwhelmed by this color.  I like the color and it is something I can easily see myself wearing.  However, it just seemed like a very safe color to send in a box.  Also, when I had test swatched it on my finger it was extremely pale.  I could hardly see any color transfer to my finger.  That had me worried. Now that I have worn it several times, I have changed my mind.  I love the shadow.  Absolutely love it!

It is a greyish brown in the pan, so I suppose you'd just say taupe.  When I put it onto my lids (over TFSI) it shows more brown than the grey.  It can be worn as an extremely light wash or with a flat shadow brush and a bit of "packing on" it can be built up for more color pay off.   I did layer it just a bit to get a deeper color from it, but I am satisfied with the color I can get it to.  I still can't claim it is highly pigmented, though.

I will say this isn't the most buttery and smooth shadow I've ever worked with.  It is somewhat powdery, but nothing that really causes too much of a problem.

Something that I love is that it is a matte shadow.  Mattes are my favorite.  I find them easy to wear and give a nice, clean look to the eye.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a bit of shimmer every now and again, but if given the choice between the two, I'll always pick matte.


It does look like there is some sheen to the shadow, but that is coming from another shadow I lightly brushed on with this shadow.  I'm wearing Amazing with a bit of maroon from one of the Wet n Wild trios as well as Nutty from the Wet n Wild single. 


This retails for $24.00 USD.  While I enjoy wearing this shadow and will continue to do so, I can't say that I'd pay $24.00 to repurchase it.  That seems rather steep considering it doesn't have high pigment and is a bit powdery.  I am able to purchase other high end and even drugstore shadows that are better.  Since this isn't a unique color either, it is easily dupable with something more affordable.  

1 comment:

  1. I can't really justify paying $24 for it. I like this kind of shade for contouring. I think it's perfect for that.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)