Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Product Obsession! Tums

We're about to get real fancy with this product obsession!  HAHAHA!

Okay, so perhaps this isn't really an "obsession" as much as it is a "necessity" right now.  Either way, it has been something I've had to reach for often as of recent and because I'm so thankful for how well it works...  I must feature it.   I'm sorry.

As many mamas out there know and understand well, one of the very fun symptoms that comes along with pregnancy is acid or heartburn. No, we don't all experience this little doozy, but many of us do. And, if you are someone who does/did during pregnancy, you will know just how much of a beast it can be. 

My heartburn and acid has kicked in full force this past month.  When I was pregnant with my first child I relied on the chewy, cherry flavored Rolaids. They worked well and tasted like a candy.  It was fantastic.  This time around, I headed to the store looking for those.  Store number one didn't even carry the brand.  Confused and frustrated, I went to another store.  Then another.  And another.  I looked online to see what the deal was and found out that Rolaids went out of business after sawdust and other not-so-fantastic-non-food-items were found in their product.  Instead of a recall, they shut down?  Either way, I was left without my tried and true acid relieving product.  I had to settle for Tums.  

I browsed through the many flavor options and decided that Wintergreen sounded the most appealing.  When I say there were a lot of options, I really mean that.  I felt as though I were standing in front of a wall completely filled to the brim with any and all flavors imaginable.  

Now that I've been using these for a little while, I can safely say that I didn't just settle.  These work fabulously! I can pop two into my mouth, chew the chalky little tablet up, and within a few moments I'm completely relieved of the volcano of fire in my chest and throat. 

Let's talk about the taste and texture.  I have mine in Wintergreen.  I love the flavor.  It reminds me of the pale green Tic-Tacs.  They may even be called wintergreen, too.  They even smell nice.    The texture, however, is less than ideal.  In all fairness, it is a Tums and we all know that Tums are chalky little tablets.

I was given a list of medications that are safe during pregnancy and Tums were listed, so I'm pleased for that. I'm glad to have these on hand.  I probably won't need to buy another bottle before the baby comes because there are 96 tablets in my bottle.  You only need two tablets for each dose.  So far, my acid hasn't gotten any worse than needing to take one dose every couple of days.  I'm fairly certain I am set.  However, should I run out, I'd more than happily buy these exact ones again.  (my husband would probably prefer a different flavor...  like cherry...  because he said it creeps him out that these are minty)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope all is going well aside from the heartburns. Good to know these work great. I usually don't take anything for heartburn, lol...I just ignore it. I guess it has never gotten to the point where I felt I needed help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pang! All is going well. If I get acid/heartburn while not pregnant I can typically ignore or drink something like milk and it is fine. But sheesh, it is magnified when pregnant. It was the first time around, too. Maybe I'm just a weenie, lol!

      Delete

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)