Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Product Obsession! Scented Wax Bars

For quite some time now I have had a love affair with scented wax bars.  They have taken the place of nearly all candles in my home.  Having children running around, I feel better about flameless wax warmers than I do a candle burning.  I know some will argue, "what about the hot wax?"  Well, the wax isn't hot enough to cause any kind of severe burn.  Candles create hot wax too...  as well as an open flame.   Either way, point blank...  I've converted to wax warmers. As you can see in my photo above, I'm rather obsessed.  I have a basket that is decorative when closed, but inside it conveniently hides away all of my bars. 

A couple of weekends ago I was switching out the fragrance in the warmers throughout the house when I realized I didn't have anything pumpkin scented!  SHOCK! HORROR!  I made sure I bought some later that day.  Yes, I am that lunatic. I had a couple of fall appropriate scents, but I had my heart set on pumpkin. 

I came home with four new waxes.  One isn't shown here because it wasn't a bar, rather a single tart (in the scent pumpkin spice) that I already have melting down in my living room warmer. The three bars I selected are all from ScentSationals.   They are in the scents: vanilla pumpkin cream, country hayride, and harvest fair. 

I have not used the vanilla pumpkin cream one yet.  When I sniff the bar, though, it is divine.  You definitely pick up on the mix of pumpkin and vanilla.  My husband said it reminds him of an actual pumpkin pie.  I have to agree.   If you close your eyes and smell it, you almost anticipate being handed a slice of fresh pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream on the top.  Mmmmm!

I have country hayride in one of my bathroom warmers.  It smells like Michael's craft store when you first walk in.  It is spicy and incense-like.  It is thick and almost smoky. 

I have harvest fair in another of my bathroom warmers.  It is fresh and crisp.  I think of cutting open a pumpkin or gourd and that smell that comes along with doing so mixed with cider.   I think there is a touch of cinnamon in it, too, warming the fragrance a bit.

All of them are delicious and perfect for fall.  The ones I have already used are keeping my home smelling awesome. 

Here you can see the 6 little cubes that comes in the bar.  You only need 1 cube at a time and it will last quite a while before you need to add another or replace entirely.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)