Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October Favorites

I could say "Where has the time gone?" or "Sheesh! I can't believe it is already November!"  ....but I won't jibber-jabber. Let's cut the small talk and just jump right in with the favorites!  

I have three favorites that should have been in this skincare-esque section but only two have been photographed.  The first are these facial cleansing pads.  They are soft on one side and textured on the other for exfoliation.  I have been using these to apply my toner after cleansing my face and also in the morning with my astringent as a morning refresher to remove my evening skincare products. They work well, do the job, but I will say they aren't actually lint free.  No big deal, though.

The second item is the Burt's Bees sensitive eye cream.  It only takes a tiny bit.  It is gentle, but applies a perfect amount of moisture under my eyes.  It has a slightly minty scent that I quite enjoy. I don't feel any kind of tingle, though, from that.  

The third item, which isn't photographed, is my pure virgin coconut oil.  The brand doesn't matter so much, as long as it is as pure as I can get it.  I have been slathering myself in it.  I've loved using coconut oil as a body moisturizer for some time now, but have really appreciated it since being pregnant.  I feel good about using it, it smells fantastic, and is a godsend for a pregnant belly.  I think of the hot sauce commercial... "I put that sh*t on everything!"  I use it to remove my makeup, I use it in the ends of my hair (lightly) after showering, I use it all over my body as a moisturizer, I will eat a tablespoon of it for health benefits, I cook with it......  it is amazing stuff!  Get some!

In the fragrance field there are two perfumes I have reached for the most often.  The first is Coach Poppy.  My husband tells me this is one of his favorites from all of my perfumes.  That is my queue to wear it more often! HA!  Who doesn't want to smell delicious for their husband?  I have a full review on Coach Poppy HERE!  

The second perfume is L de Lolita Lempicka.  This is one of my favorites from my stash.  I've come to enjoy it year round.  I also have a full review on this perfume that you can find HERE!

This last grouping of products is mostly eye shadow but I also have a blush and eyeliner tossed in.  I have gone simple with my shadow this past month.  I've let my lips be the stand out, but because I have rotated with numerous different colors I couldn't include any for an actual favorite.

In the top, left is Ulta Mystique eyeshadow.  On the bottom, center is Ulta Truffle eyeshadow.  In the top, right is Milani baked blush in Rose D'Oro.

To the left is Michael Marcus Amazing eyeshadow. In the middle is Ulta Toast eyeshadow. To the right is Ulta Silk eyeshadow.

The eyeshadow here is from the Wet n Wild 8 pan palette Comfort Zone. The very bottom pan on the right side is the one I have been using a lot.  The eyeliner is Rimmel Scandaleyes in nude.


All of the shadows I have shown (with the exception of one) have been worn completely (or nearly completely) on their own.  As I said, I have been going for a very simple eye this past month.  The colors I have been wearing hold their own, though.  I may go in and define the crease with a deeper color, but beyond that, these are pretty much it.  

The exception that I mentioned above is the Michael Marcus shadow.  I haven't been wearing that on my eyes.  I have actually been using an angled liner brush and brushing it through my brows.  It defines nicely and isn't overpowering or too bold.  

As for the blush, it is an amazing fall color.  It gives that chilled look to the cheeks, but if you tap off your brush to remove the glitter specks, it is quite natural looking.  I highly recommend that color for everyone, light or dark complected. 

I think I may have included this liner in my favorites for last month.  It lasts nicely and also gives a bright eyed, awake look.  I can sometimes have reddish on the waterline and this perfectly cancels that out.

That is pretty much it for this month.  Let me know the items you have been wearing/using through the month of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)