Friday, May 24, 2013

More DIY Flowers

I mentioned in my other DIY Paper Flower post that I've become obsessed with painting glass bottles and vases, as well as making the flowers to go into them.  I've since made three more floral arrangements. HAHA, I know.. a little bit ridiculous.  Let me explain, though.  I am horrible...horrible at keeping actual plants and flowers alive.  So, if I want to bring spring and summer into my home, I have to do it through artificial flowers.   I have fun making these, so why not?  

This first arrangement, I made just a couple of weeks ago.  I had gotten some IBC Cream Soda that weekend and after finishing a bottle realized it might be really cute painted and then a bundle of flowers dropped in.  My other bottles and jars didn't have any script on them.  This one does, though, and reminded me of the lovely mason jar arrangement I did (shown in the original post linked above).  I think it gives them a bit more "country character," if you will. 

This bottle was simply painted with some aqua blue acrylic paint from the inside and allowed to dry.

So far, all, but one, of the arrangements I've made end up very multi-colored.  Once I saw how bright and cheery they look with a mix of colors, I've continued bundling them that way.  I think I will end up making a couple that only have one, or maybe two, colors combined.  This is a look at several of the flowers in this arrangement.  Yellows, red, orange, pink, blue, green, etc.

This second one has much fewer flowers than the others.  It only has five, I believe, flowers in it.  I didn't paint the vase for this one, though.  This is a vase that I have had for years and years.  It was sitting out as a decoration all on its own, but I thought it could be put to better use in a different room and with flowers put into it.  The colors of the vase work amazingly well with the flower bundles.  

This is the third bundle I've made this time around.  I went a little crazy with this one.  My husband says this particular one looks like a bunch of fruit loops because I threw random colors into each flower.  Not one of them is a single color or a gradient.  Most of the other flower bundles are mainly solid colored flowers or going from light to dark (or vise versa).  This time around, I grouped together sets of colors that I thought would be fun but look pretty in a single flower.

This bouquet is placed in a glass jar that I painted with yellow acrylic paint.  The jar was actually an empty cookie butter jar.  There are no etchings or designs on it.  It is completely smooth all the way around.

haha, okay, I have to agree with my husband.  This one is awfully bright and I see why he says that it reminds him of fruit loops.  It's still fun and pretty, though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)