Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Skin Clearing Arsenal (or trial, anyway)

I have mentioned that I am working towards clearing my skin without resorting to going back to oral medications.  I have picked up several items to work into my routine to see if I'll have any success.  Some of these items are new, and others not so much.  I have opinions formed on a few of these products, but I'll get to that in due time.  This isn't everything that I am using, just the newer products.  For example, I'm still using a Neutrogena Naturals cleanser, which I've been using for well over a year now.  I didn't show that, though, because it isn't a new item that I am trying to determine will work for me in the long run.

Some of the first items I picked up were Clean & Clear as well as a generic scrub.  I didn't do much research before purchasing, I just snatched up whatever appealed to me that day.  (hint at my opinion of one of these: RESEARCH FIRST!) I got a black head eraser scrub, an acne cleanser, and a medicated scrub.

I read a lot about jojoba oil helping people with congested skin and working as a great moisturizer, so I figured I would pick it up and give it a shot.  It is supposed to closely resemble the skin's natural oil & sebum.   The tea tree oil is a multiple time repurchase.  I always come back to it.  I like it as an all over astringent (diluted down) and a spot treatment.

The final items are the newest to the group.  They are a couple of masks.  I had all intentions of just getting a clay mask to draw out impurities, but then last minute decided to also get a peel off mask to help with dead skin removal and another form of  pore cleansing. 

I would like to give more time before I share my official opinions on these products, but I plan to do periodic updates.  If there is a particular product you think is worth giving a shot, let me know!  I'm open for suggestions! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck in your quest for clearer skin. I personally found cutting out milk and being a slight bit nicer to my skin has helped with some break outs (although I did buy a scrub today...) overall try to let your skin breathe a bit although it is hard sleeping on it and not picking when it comes to your skin does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I agree... letting the skin breathe is a must. My big problem is PCOS, so it is more an internal thing than it is from the outside. But, I'm hoping using things like the oils rather than treatments loaded with chemicals (a lot unnecessary) will help. :-)

      Delete

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)