Friday, April 3, 2015

Spring Gardening

chives

I don't know about you, but I really like the idea of having my own herbs growing.  However, my husband likes to say I have a black thumb.  I can get things growing (sometimes) and then they'll die off.  A few years back I had a fabulous herb garden going in my backyard.  But, fall rolled around and I neglected them and by spring they were long gone. :-(   

parsley
That is why I now am trying another round of growing my own herbs...  indoors!  I have a big, wonderful window that gets fabulous light.  It is especially good in the morning.  It is an eastern facing window so the plans love it. I have my aloes there, too (not shown).  

This actually started because my son had a school lesson on seeds and how plants grow.  We created a germination bag and watched as our seeds sprouted. I had a bunch of seeds left over so I potted them!  Now I have baby chives, parsley, basil, basic grass, and celery growing.  We did have lavender but I've already managed to kill it. So sad. 

celery

I would like to put together a raised garden and get some veggies and such going outside once it gets a bit warmer.  I've seen a lot of pinterest ideas that look easy enough.  Don't they always, though?

What are you doing to kick spring into high gear and get in the mood for the warmer, brighter weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)