Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Juicing

Myself and my husband decided we were going to start incorporating fresh juices into our diets.  There is no question that juicing your own fruits and veggies is far more healthy for you.  Let me back up, we were initially going to do a full blown reboot.  If you've seen the documentary Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead you're probably familiar with what I'm talking about.  If not, I highly recommend watching it.  It was very interesting.  

As I said, we were going to do a reboot together.  However, I am still a nursing mother and can't risk detoxing and having those toxins released into the breastmilk.  So, I can only do a partial juicing.  But, that is still a million times better than nothing at all.

There are a couple downsides for me.  One, it can get expensive buying the amount of produce required.  The second (and the biggie)...  I still have children that I have to cook for.  So, I'm drinking juices and then preparing delicious smelling/looking breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.  HAHAHA!  Ahh, the temptations!  It is much easier, though, knowing that not every meal is going to be a juice for me. 


The above photo was our day one breakfast juice.  It was delicious!  We started very simple to ease us in.  For this juice, I used our Breville juicer and combined apples, oranges, and strawberries.  It was a good pick blend for breakfast.  Plus, it is a BEAUTIFUL color!  So pretty, right?  It looks like the sunrise.  Quite appropriate. 

My hope is to try out a lot of different recipes as well as creating my own.  I'll try to log some of them as we progress. 

**Random tip:  if you are serious about juicing, invest in a GOOD juicer.  When I was pregnant my husband did a 14 day reboot and then our cheapy juicer pooped out on us.  His goal was 30 days, but the juicer had other plans.  It gave up on day 14 or 15.  The juicer we had was a simple juicer from Walmart and was only about $30.  It wasn't really made for constant juicing.  I think it was really just for the occasional juicing....  in which case it would have been fine.  But the motor just couldn't handle juicing 4-6 juices PER DAY for that many days in a row. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)