Friday, June 14, 2013

Scented Wax Bars

Last weekend, I was out running some errands and picking up some stuff for indoor potted plants.  I was shopping at Meijer, and every time I am there, I have to swing through the plug-in warmer section and sniff any new bars they might have.  I found a couple that I hadn't noticed before.  Originally, I had four, but ended up putting two of them down.  One was a sugared almond (or something like that) and the other a coconut lime.  It smelled okay, but was pretty heavy on the lime and not so much on the coconut.  

The pink one is hibiscus rose from the brand ScentSationals.  The purple one is soft lilac petals from Hanna's At Home.   I haven't tried any from that line yet (H.A.H) but have seen and sniffed several from its/her line. 

The hibiscus rose is just that....  you can tell there is a tropical flower, but it is balanced by the rose.  It is a beautiful combination.    The soft lilac petals really smells like actual flowers.  It smells like the kind of flowers you'd find just taking a walk through a neighborhood that has houses with newly bloomed spring flowers in the front yards.  It is so realistic it is crazy!  I'm amazed at how well they've captured this smell.  

I bought these because I think they'd be amazing to have warming and scenting up my home this spring (the tiny bit left) and summer.    It just gives a freshness to the home that is energizing and cheery.  

If you have a tart warmer, what kind of scents are you burning?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)