Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Ralph Lauren Blue (for women)


Blue for women was created in 2005 by David Apel and Pierre Negrin.  It is considered a floral fragrance, and mostly worn in warm weather.  It is a busy perfume with a lot of fragrance notes making up the juice.


I have seen on several different sites that Blue has been discontinued, yet I've also read that you can still buy it directly from Ralph Lauren, as well as many department stores and etailers. So, I'm not entirely certain.  However, it would seem that if you are still interested in buying it, it IS possible to do so.  I know you can get it on beauty.com or drugstore.com.

In my order, I was also given a couple of samples.  I got a muslin cloth and facial wash, shampoo, conditioner, and hair mask, as well as an Urban Decay Primer Potion.   But, this isn't a review about those, so...  Moving on!

Initially, I'm a bit overwhelmed by gardenia and jasmine.  To my nose, it is heaviest on gardenia.  It does have a green and aquatic quality to it that definitely evokes thoughts of hot weather and being surrounded by blossoming flowers.

Once it settles on the skin, the floral is more bearable and not so sinus-stinging but still definitely there.  It doesn't fade away.  I can no longer tell specific notes apart from one another.  I do detect something citrus-like mingling with the flowers, but nothing in particular. I can just tell there is a sharp, bright burst of citrus.

I can't imagine wearing this any time other than summer... or hot spring days.  The cooler, early days of spring (or fall & winter) I don't think this would work right for.  I know a lot of summer scents are energizing in their particular notes.  This one, in my opinion, softens down and is just relaxing.   I'm sure tons of people already own it, or previously owned it.  However, if you've never sniffed it, I highly recommend seeking it out and doing so.  It's quite a lovely perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing your thoughts and opinions, so leave a comment! However, please do not link to your blog. If you'd like to have your blog viewed, send me a message. (comments with links may not be published)